Buyers expectations are higher than ever in today’s quickly changing digital markets. Supporting a digitally enabled customer experience (CX) can help B2B companies create opportunities for growth and meet demand. By putting customers first, B2B companies can provide experiences that make their clients want to engage with them and buy from them.
According to an article published by SAP’s CX team, the following five sales trends are gaining traction in 2022:
- Reevaluating stakeholder management: think about designing KPIs and success measures that drive position results across customer experience, rather than focusing on competing KPIs across product lines.
- Guided selling tools: encourage your sales teams to use customer data to influence recommendations that can be personalized to each business your sell to.
- Expanded data reach: think about how you can bring various data sources together to give your team a more holistic view of your customer.
- Connecting data to build customer relationships: when possible, offer your customers a portal where they can access important information, such as order history, visibility into invoices and payment status, and a list of their local sales reps and how to contact them.
- Connected systems: when possible, combining various back-office systems such as CRM and ERP, B2B companies can have better visibility into functions like inventory and available-to-promise, along with insights into who is accessing the customer portals.
Regardless of what selling model your business deals with—B2B, B2C, D2C, B2B2C, or a combination of any of those—it is important to remember that you are selling things to people.
In an overview of customer experience by SAP contributing author Alex Timlin notes “If you’re a brand who manufactures a product, but you rely on your partners to sell that product to the end consumer or customer, you still have the same objective—you want people to buy your product and get value from your product.” The objective of selling more product remains. Providing a seamless digital buying experience for your customers can help to boost engagement and improve the way that your customers view your business. Giving customers a way to buy online, compare similar products, view past orders, add new buyers, and pay invoices help create a positive customer experience that drives overall value.
For the complete article, visit The Future of Customer Engagement and Experience by SAP.
Brought to you by the B2B and B2C e-commerce implementation team at FocusPoint: an all-in-one solution for SAP Business One customers.